10 Employment Facts
At PromoStaff it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the promotions agency industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated May 2021):
- On average there will be between 59 and 90 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 4% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 71% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 24,000 new hires 48% of them failed within 19 months and of these, 90% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the operation. Only 12% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 83% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $10,000.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 7% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 40% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 32 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 45 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 10 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new candidates take between 24 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
For more Promo Staffing Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: