- Promo Girls
8 Hiring Facts
At PromoStaff it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the promotions agency industry. Whether you are a recruitment company, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated November 2018):
- It was reported of the 21,000 new hires 49% of them failed within 20 months and of these, 84% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the business. Only 13% failed because of a lack of skills.
- On average there will be between 60 and 103 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 4% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $12,000.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 77% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 74% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- On average new staff take between 22 and 28 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 35% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- It is interesting to note that only 5% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 30% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 20% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Australian Financial Review
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- IBIS World
For more Promo Girls Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >